Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Connector - Connection Failed

Has anyone had a Salesforce connection just stop working?  There were no changes to Salesforce or Qlikview and from one hourly reload at 8pm to the next at 9pm it went from working fine to failing.  The error message in the script log said 'Connection Failed'.  When I look at the Connector log it shows:

04-24 11:47:31 Progress Connected to SalesForce with C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\SalesForceDLL.dll version 11, 0, 10017, 0 (DLL Protocol version: 2)

2018-04-24 11:47:31 Progress EndPointUrl=https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/26.0

...and that's it.  No error message...no further log (when it was working there was a a full log showing the extract of data).

I have checked just about everything I have found that I can (API Version, IP Address ranges, etc.) and it still fails.  It never mentions anything about issues with the User ID or Password (I honestly do not think it is even getting to that point).  It seems it just cannot even contact the Salesforce Server.

That being said, after it started failing there was one time where it appeared to connect, grab a small smattering of data and then disconnected.  This was after the original fail (and after it had failed three times before that), but no such connection since.

Anynoe have any ideas?

Alex

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Alexander,

Our problem is that we can not even get to configure the connection to SalesForce. At the moment we select the connector in the drop-down list, the following error appears:

Error SFC.PNG

When you talked about the proxy configuration, I thought it was a property of the installation.

Thanks for your help.

Gonzalo

ramdalli
Contributor
Contributor

hi nice post but i have written in-depth article on my blog https://cloudanalogy.com/blog/ .and this blog have lots of articles about salesforce crm and tutorials on how to troubleshoot errors on sales-force platform