Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Save is taking long time

Hi All,When I click on save my application is strucking for long time. I don't know whats happening and why it is taking long time. Even it is the same scenario for the reload also. Could some one help me. Thanks in advance.

thanks & Regards

suresh

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

How big is your file (in memory, or maybe easier to see, on disk)? If you say, long time, could you tell roughly in second / minutes / hours? And what do you mean with same scenario for the reload? Do you mean when opening the file from disk? Or doing a script reexecution (which is often called reload)?

Not applicable
Author

It is around 2 GB. After doing changes in expressions and script i am running reaoad from file menu to get the updated data from database.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume you are having a 2GB .qvw (file size), and size in memory could be much larger (say 2-4x). How much RAM does your server have?

Just loading /saving 2GB may take some time though.

And are you comparing the save time against some other applications with the same size? Do they save much faster?

If you are reexecuting/reloading your script, the database connection and data transformation will take its time, so I won't compare this time 1:1 to save time.