Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Saving QV Reports with user inputs

Hello,

Is it possible to create a QlikView App that can take user inputs (Eg. the report may have a text box input from a user) and save that specific version of the report with a 'report name'?

Eg. Use Case: QV report calculates KPIs based on user inputs, user wants to create different versions of this report for different customers and save it. User should have the ability to modify the value of input fields later, and should be able to delete the reports as well.

Thank You,

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO that's perfectly possible if you either

• give every user a QV Desktop and a leased license to open and use a QVW, play with inputs, selections and output and store these tweaks as a custom QVW
  • use an extension that allows for advanced data entry (like KliqCalc)
  • or - if you can restrict "input" to making additional selections from a range of predefined configuration list boxes - use bookmarks and reports to store and output KPI calculations.

But QlikView will always try to impose QlikView limitations...

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter,

But what I am looking for is:

- QVW is published on QV server.

- Users don't have QV desktop client installed.

- I don't want users to edit QVW files.

- I just want users to be able to access a QVW on server, input some values for KPI calculation, and save the report (which should save in a different tab with a report name, that user can open later)

As an example, user specifies a different discount % for different customers which in turn would calculate the final amount on entire product catalog. User specifies a 10% discount, and saves it for Customer A. User then creates a new report based off the same template and specifies a 12% discount and saves it for Customer B.

of course the above is a very simple example, but something like this.

Thanks again for your help!