cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III

Saving snapshots on the fly before clearing selections

This is an involved question but might have a simple answer or it may not be possible.  Lets say I am doing some baseline analysis and it involves the selection/tweaking of 5 fields (3 are variables and 2 are selected filters that get locked). Once I obtain my desired baseline, I want to click a button or something and have those currently selected 5 field results saved/stored somewhere in my dashboard with their current numbers before then unlocking and clearing everything and starting over to obtain a NEW baseline with a NEW 5 field results.

The obvious tedious approach could be exporting the table with my 5 values to excel after EVERY baseline analysis, but that is not feasible as this is done several times to analyze several different things.

Is there a snapshot functionality or alternate states functionality that would allow this? Like a table somewhere on the right side that stored those 5 numbers as they are at certain point in time and DOESNT CHANGE after i clear everything and start over?

I have searched the forums but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks

James

1 Reply
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

why not use Bookmarks?

Qlikview bookmark - YouTube

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.