Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scale in X axis showing dash for no value

Hello

I have a chart. I not have data beyond 3 weeks. However I see dash symbol in scale on x axis. Attaching a screenshot. Any ideas hwo to remove?

Thanks

DV

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Add two dimensions

1) Week Start date

2) The actual Date

Then go to presentation tab and uncheck 'Show Legend' for the second dimension (which is the actual date). This way you will have weekstart date on x-axis and there will be multiple data points if there is more than one data point in that week.

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Padmaja,

Looks like you are trying to help me with an answer but I am not able to view the answer? Not sure if it is moderated out for some reason?

Thanks

DV

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume you have changed the color attribute expression for an expression, not for the dimension.

But I forgot that changing the text color of a line chart dimension has some issues:

Changing Dimension Colour and Font in Bar chart (Selectively)

I played a little with an additional expression and value on axis option, but this does not seem to work nicely, especially with multiple lines.

I also played around with my other suggestion, the continuous axis. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to exactely control the labels.

Then I came back to a non-contiguous axis, but using a calculated dimension instead of the dimension attributes:

=if(Date=Weekstart(Date), Date(Date), Dual('',Date))

On Weekstart, output the date values, on other weekdays, use an empty string text representation.

See attached a demo.

edit: Here is a screenshot of how it looks

WeekstartDim.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi padmaja

i tried as you suggested but the x axis legend went off. Attached are two screenshots. Anything I need to do in expressions?

Thanks

DV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Click on the dimension that you don't want to display and disable that one? as you can see below? send me your file and I can see what the issue is?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

This shows data points on week boundaries only. I still dont see week starts on scale and data points by date. So between 10/19 and 9/21 I should see data points at day granularity..

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What about the solution I've posted some weeks ago here to this thread?

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

It works as long as you have date_due falling on week start, if no date_due is on week start the x axis scale is completely blanked out which is not correct. I always want to see week starts regardless of date_due coinciding with it or not.

Thanks

DV