Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scatter Chart Dimension and Static Step

Dear Friends,

I am creating a scatter chart and need your help. Please find attached Qvw. (Ref : Attached Image)

On my X axis I have my Value (EBITDA Max field) (Numeric)

on Y axis I have my Relative value (% Like) (Numeric)

Bubble is with respect to SrNo (Numeric)

I want to restrict the X axis to plot only values from 0 to all the positive values. Also the negative values should plot 'UnQualified' before the zero.

All the positive values should fit in 5 grid lines only where my static min should be from Zero and static max should be the max of the EBITDA field. The static step should be divided in 5 equal parts on the X axis and 'UnQualified' should be the sixth one before the zero. Resulting six equal grid on the X axis to be created dynamically.

Kindly let me know if there is a way out for this.

Thank you in Advance !!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

So i found the values on data points in the grid to be very strange, even with the simplest test data.

So i reverted to the scatter ! 

Attached is the latest. I reborrowed some of your presentation techniques and a few of my own.

it should be dynamic with the reference lines but you'll have to test.

hopefully its an improvement.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Would a grid chart work instead ?

Capture.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Jonathan,

I had tried doing the grid prior too.. My challenge is that SrNo shows incorrect and X axis should plot Risk.MLL.. refer attached qvw.

If you could suggest me some more options would be helpful !!

Thank You

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Saw what you are saying about wrong numbers. Attached are some updates.

How do you want the label on the dot to show when there are multiple ?  The possible(0-20) and 0 dot has 2 superimposed on each other.

Capture.PNG.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

If my SrNo is plotted correct on the bubble then my works done.

I am unable to plot the correct values for instance on EBITDA 25 I have my SrNo 3 and 5... Whereas on our last qvw we have SrNo 6 and 4 popping in the bubble.

If we can some how get this right. We have been trying to customize the dimension and here where we are facing the issue. Any suggestions for it.

Thank you !!

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I am not seeing the discrepancy with the SR on the bubble and the pop-up (see below from  gridinstead2.qvw posted above).

Can you confirm/clarify the outstanding issue mentioned above ?

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bubble number 8 is actually SrNo 4 with EBITDA Value as 5 and Bubble no 1 is SrNo 8 with value as -30

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

gotcha..strange that the others are ok. i'll look into . thanks again for the clarification.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

So i found the values on data points in the grid to be very strange, even with the simplest test data.

So i reverted to the scatter ! 

Attached is the latest. I reborrowed some of your presentation techniques and a few of my own.

it should be dynamic with the reference lines but you'll have to test.

hopefully its an improvement.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is wonderful !! Thanks Jonathan

As you have given the expressions on the reference lines... Would be a great help if the matrix starts by Undefined and the last matrix/ grid with value 20 would have the same size as the other grids.