Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter Plot with Text Value as Axis

Hi all,

I would like to create a scatter plot with a dimension of product codes, and show a trend by quantity purchased and by office for which each product was purchased. The "by quantity" expression is no problem; I'm running in to issues with the "by office" expression/variable. It appears that scatter plots in QV want to take expressions with numerical values rather than text values. My offices are all text values, but I'm hoping I can find a way around this nuance so that it will show the office names.

-Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Paul,

I am not quite sure what you want to show with your scatter chart, but have you tried a standard line / bar chart with two dimensions Office and Product Code and sum(Quantity) as expression? You can use symbols instead of lines / bars, if you want, so it might look like

84574.bmp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Paul,

I am not quite sure what you want to show with your scatter chart, but have you tried a standard line / bar chart with two dimensions Office and Product Code and sum(Quantity) as expression? You can use symbols instead of lines / bars, if you want, so it might look like

84574.bmp