Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II

Scheduled Reload Failure

Hoping someone can help. We previously had a dashboard published to our QV server which had a scheduled reload task applied. Following a routine update to some page objects the dashboard now fails its scheduled reload task BUT will complete a manual reload task within the desktop developer view. I've attached the error log below. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Previously, if it didn't complete the scheduled reload, it wouldn't complete a manual reload either.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Matt

20180914T143502.847+0100 Error      The task "Live Access Point/Student Dashboard.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\QLIKVIEW\LIVE\PUBLISHED\Student Dashboard.qvw.  ||    at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.VerifyConditions(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||    at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

DocumentLogs are generated by the reload process and only if a specific flag has been set in the document (see Settings->Document Properties->General->Generate Log File). If this flag is set, they end up in two places:

• The Log tree of the QDS in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log
  • The Document location, which is the User Documents folder (if you don't have a Publisher license) or the Source Documents folder (if you do have a Publisher license)

In any case, you have to be able to somehow navigate the server file system, but since you mention QVS logs, I guess that you are...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Maybe an open door, but the load is from drive E:

Is that drive connected on the server for the qlikview server account used to reload on the server?

Paul

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately our IS colleague who built the server isn't in today but yes I believe this drive is connected and used for reloads.

M

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The sentence "The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully" in the TaskLog usually means that you will find more information in the DocumentLog. Can you let the Scheduled Reload produce a corresponding DocumentLog?

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter,

Our IS colleague who handles the server isn't in today but I'm looking at the log folder and we have performance, events, audit, start, exit and session logs but no document logs as such (unless they are in fact called one of the preceeding names?).

M

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

DocumentLogs are generated by the reload process and only if a specific flag has been set in the document (see Settings->Document Properties->General->Generate Log File). If this flag is set, they end up in two places:

• The Log tree of the QDS in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log
  • The Document location, which is the User Documents folder (if you don't have a Publisher license) or the Source Documents folder (if you do have a Publisher license)

In any case, you have to be able to somehow navigate the server file system, but since you mention QVS logs, I guess that you are...

mattphillip
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Dear Peter,

Thank you for this. I produced the document log (it wasn't set to generate them) and I spotted the problem - a source file hadn't been transferred across to the server. All fixed now. Thanks for the help!

M