Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mall1m
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Script / Macro to read Windows tags on files

Dear everybody,

I'm trying to find a way to extract "windows file tag" from thousands of file

these tags are the one you can see when you right qlik on file properties in "detail" tab and they can be applied on various field format (image, office document etc)

1. I tried with attributes() function but it doesn't fit my needs (it extracts EXIF properties but not the windows tags)
  2. this post here may provide a solution combining a module with objFile.attributes but i'd like to avoid using module
  3. another solution should be to execute a powershell script to extract tags into a readable file then read this file with qlik (in my case powershell is more acceptable than qlik macro module)

Does anybody can imagine another solution ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your best option here would be to look on Microsoft Communities for a Power Shell script that could pull this and dump it to a csv file etc. and then pull that into QlikView.  I would not recommend trying to do this via the QlikView Edit Module either, not likely to function nearly as well as a separate PowerShell script dumping things to the csv file(s) and you reading those in via  a load script.  My two cents on this one.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.