Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Script running fine - STORE_command makes WHOOM... Plz help

Hi,

the title actually says all about my problem, there is no more to it:

- I have an app running once in the morning to query a lot of data from our personell database.

- The data fetched by one of those queries is to be used in two places:

- It shall be stored just like it is

- It shall be further processed and the process output should be stored.

The latter actually works well. The former does not - I can't see why: The script runs fine - I've tested by putting the EXIT at different points - and the table gets created. There are no more synthetic keys, no links at all actually, all the other tables are already deleted at that point.

<=> At the very last command, which is a STORE command, copied 1:1 from others (just adapted) creates an error, the entire app crashes (that "failure. Retrieve old data?" message) and the qvd is not created.

The command is

>>> STORE Stempeldaten_gen INTO ..\01_QVD\HR_QVD\Stempeldaten_gen.qvd (qvd); <<<

That command is exactly the same as all other STOREs in that app, the file_path is exactly the same and there are other files with an '_' as well which are created without any problems.

I will attach to this post both

- an excel file with sample personell data

- a sample qvw

12 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

It seems that there was something hung up again - I just tried to delete the qvd, I got the message that it was open - so I closed down QlikView and just restarted and ran the script again - and it worked.

Now I try to run it a bit further, to include all the RESIDENT LOADs in that process. Let's see said the blind man...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Yep - apparently, something was stuck. Now it seems to work fine - both qvd files were generated all right.

Thanks for your advice anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Oops... Apparently, I've forgotten to mark this as a question, so I cannot mark it as solved.

This issue, however, is solved.