I have the data as shown below,

FieldCustomerID
AC11
BC22
CC13
DC21

Expected Output:

Screenshot_20.png

I want the no. of Fields which has same IDs. Both fields have same IDs but from different customers in the above bar chart. I've got the answer for this using expression, but I need to bring it as a dimension in script.

Please help.

19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I need this expression to be converted into a dimension,

Count({<Customer=E(Customer),WithProp_ID=P(WithProp_ID)>}FieldName)

sunny_talwar

Dimension

=Aggr(If(Only({1}Customer) <> Only(TOTAL Customer) and SubStringCount(Concat(DISTINCT TOTAL '|' &WithProp_ID & '|'), '|'&Only({1}WithProp_ID)&'|') = 1, Only({<Customer>}Customer)), Customer, WithProp_ID)

Expression

Count({<Customer>}FieldName)

But note that this is going to give you really bad performance, I have no idea why you would want to use this, but since you asked, here you have

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you.. it's looking great. But I asked you whether we can convert this expression into a dimension in the script and not in the chart. Is this possible that way?

sunny_talwar

I guess I am failing to understand the use case to answer this... may be someone else can pitch in because unless I know what is the use case, I might give a solution which may or may not work for your real scenario

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok thank you so much Sunny. Shall I provide you the use case now? Use case in the sense, you're asking real time scenario for this.

sunny_talwar

I meant to say a detailed test case, in a sense are you going to be making other selection after the selection in Customer, because if you do, then it might make it nearly impossible to do in the script. On the other hand, if selecting customer is the only thing you are planning to do... then this might work... I don't know... because I am not sure what all the users are going to select and how the real data model looks like

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, I've attached my QVW, 50% completed. Please have a look at my original post for it.

In reusability tab, I have my doubted scenarios.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I may be too late for this thread. I must say its a bit confusing. I may be mistaken. but at least I tried 🙂

Based on the excel that you posted:

S2:

LOAD FieldName,

[Data type],

[Min Occurs],

[Max Occurs],

[M/C/O],

Length,

Customer

FROM

[..\Downloads\S2.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels);

Join

Load FieldName,Count(FieldName) as ct

Resident S2

Group by FieldName;

Finaltable:

LOAD FieldName ,Customer

Resident S2

WHERE ct>1;

DROP Table S2;

Your chart Dimension will then be Cutomer, The expression would be Count(Customer)

Please have a look and I hope it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Imad..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, please find the attached QVW file and suggest an idea. since you don't know my data model, please have a look at it.