cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scroll bar in pie chart

Hi all

My requirement is show pie chart scroll bar similar like bar chart scroll bar is it possible ?

for example see below image:

Community.png

swuehlloveisfailstevedark

3 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No, I'm afraid that you don't have that level of control over the UI.

What I would strongly suggest is that you sort the values in the pie by the Expression value, descending (as you have on the bar).  This way the bigger items will appear at the top.

Using dimension limits to group all the small items into 'Other' would be a good idea also.

Steve

marcus_sommer

A pie chart is definitely not a good visualization by many dimension-values - therefore follow the suggestion from Steve and display only the top n values and group the others.

If you really want to display more dimension-values it would be better to disable the legend from the chart and to build the legend with an outside table-chart and set them side by side or overlap them like you want (maybe also within a container).

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Afaik, I don't think whether we do have same control options in Qlikview. As Steve said, It's 100% Accumulate. Marcus also gave one advice using Over lap. But, I even doubt how this seems. His intention is 100% Accuracy but not sure whether it good for visualization or not. The reason in case for future customer has Write permission then if they want to move from one place to another place then they might frustration / Irritate on our work. And As Marcus suggested the last one with Container (Fully satisfied from User level where we build those).

Try with over lap and then see whether it's ok then go ahead and show them. Or else use simple Bar chart to prove same thing as they need

HTH

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful