Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scroll bar issue with more dimensions

I have an issue with the straight table, when I add more dimensions to my table the size of the table increases. By decreasing the number of dimensions it varies, I have tried the 'Size to data' but that doesn't fix. Is there any possible solution to fix the issue.

Note: If I use a container the horizontal scroll bar is disappearing as it's removed from SR 6 version by Qlik.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ah straight tables and scrollbars, age old story this one

the issue you have is the scrollbar for your straight table will only start form your first expression, rather than the full chart. One potential workaround for you is to create your first dimension as an expression instead (just call the fieldname in the expression) and then drag the expression to the start of your chart. You'll get a scrollbar right across then and it shouldn't resize anymore for you.

Hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

ha It's a better story than twilight, but is there any possible solution to restrict the size of the chart in a container with a scroll bar visible as I see this is removed from Qlikview from SR6

Thanks,

Bhanu

Not applicable
Author

If you create the dimension as an expression as I suggested, then resize the chart to what you want and disable 'size to data' from the layout property, it should keep that size and just increase the scrollbar.

Not applicable
Author

But I can't make a selection when I use a dimension as a expression right. So, is there anything to make a selection.

Not applicable
Author

hmm maybe try keeping the expression first but reduce the width down to the bare minimum, change the text colour to the same as the cell background so it just looks like a very small spacer at the start of the chart. Then keep the real dimension as the second column

Not applicable
Author

Those any Extensions will help me out with this issue, like 'fit to zoom'