Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Search object looks different in Access Point vs Desktop

Hi,

is it an expected behavior? how to make "Search" look the same?

Desktop:

Access Point in IE11:

Thanks,

L

15 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK are the possibilities to render rounded shapes within the ajax-client limited but you could change the look to cornered within the desktop client here:

- Marcus

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Larisa,

Search box properties->Caption->Show Caption check box you selected.so just you can select that option.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rama,

not sure if I understood your suggestion. When I check show caption it shows gray rectangle above the search area and I don't want that.

The appearance was always selected 'Rounded' initially and the corners are not rounded in IE11.

marcus_sommer

Have you tried it with another browser like firefox or chrome?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I just have, chrome is the same as IE - not rounded. Company's supported browser is IE.

Thanks,

L

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Larisa,

Try increasing the corner radius to in the layout tab. and set to rounded in the presentation tab. Screen shot

attached.

Search Object.png

Thanks,

Nithesh

marcus_sommer

A quite dirty solution: Create an image with these rounded shape and put it in a textbox without caption and borders, position and size it like you need and put the cornered searchbox over it. It's not very nice but it should work.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you everybody for your help!

L

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Larisa,

Can u please create one more qvw file and create a search button and check that file both browsers.

if you face the same issue then please share screen shots and sample qvw file we will provide result ASAP.