Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Searchable expression not giving correct result

Hi,

I'm having problems getting the "searchable" setting for expressions, in for example straight tables, to work correctly. Hopefully someone can enlighten me about how it works.

I have a straight table with several dimensions. I have an expression giving me the percentage of successfully delivered orders:

sum(Delivered)/sum(Ordered)

In the presentation tab I´ve checked the "searchable" setting. I want to be able to sort the result acccording to different criterias, for example "less than 95%'.

I'm not getting the right correct results when doing a search though. Weird thing is that it kind of works. Let say I search for "<50%", it will give me all rows with less than 50% but additional to this a few results that are above 50%. Why is this? Where is my logic faltering? I´ve tried all different format settings and search strings.

Thanks in advance.

/David

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Kindly attach the application.

Regards,

Raj Kishor

Not applicable
Author

Dear Raj,

I'm experiencing the same thing, is there any solution to this problem ?

Regards,

Alex

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It works fine at my side.

Make sure that you remove ** before entering any search string.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hei

look at attch application may be it will clearify some things

Not applicable
Author

Think I got the message,

many thanks,

Alex

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Kaushik,

I have the same issue as David using version 11.20 SR4 (build 12129)

Is this a bug ?

Please let me know.

Many Thanks

Best Regards

braham
Creator
Creator

HI,

I also experienced this problem. What I found was once you have searched for a specific value check what Qlikview has added to your selections. In my case Qlikview only added a select on the first dimension, not on all the dimensions. This resulted in records being listed that matched the only the first dimension's values irrespective of the values in the other dimensions. In my case the values that I was selecting on was the result of a count function with a set analysis and an aggr function. I was able to redesign the table to only have one dimension, which then worked perfectly.

regards

Braham