Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakobjosef
Creator II
Creator II

Searchbox of Listbox closes after 1 second automatically

Hi, 

currently i am facing a problem concerning the search-function of the listbox in the Web-View. 

If i try to search for something using the search-field of the listbox, the searchfield closes automatically after some seconds. So i have no chance to search for content of the certain field of the listbox. this happens only in the web-view.

I already tried to change browser (chrome, edge, firefox), but there is no difference, the search-field closes as well after 1-2 seconds. This occurs not on all listboxes, just on some, but it is still very annoying for any user if the listbox of a field does not offer a proper search-function... 

Anyone faces the same problems? Are there solutions for this problem? 

Greetings

Jakob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK I saw already some time ago a similar posting but couldn't find it yet and don't remember it well. I think there was a conflict between the releases (application creation/development/saving/displaying) - are they all the same? Further you mentioned the web-view - do you really mean the web-view within the desktop client or an access per AJAX client on the access point?

- Marcus  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK I saw already some time ago a similar posting but couldn't find it yet and don't remember it well. I think there was a conflict between the releases (application creation/development/saving/displaying) - are they all the same? Further you mentioned the web-view - do you really mean the web-view within the desktop client or an access per AJAX client on the access point?

- Marcus  

jakobjosef
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus, 

thank you so much for your quick reply.

And sorry, I wrote it contradictory, it is not about the Web-View within the desktop client but the access on the access point, which causes the problem. 

I ll try to find the older posting you mentioned and check possible conflicts between the releases. If I find the problem-causing detail I ll let you know. 

Greetings

Jakob

jakobjosef
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, 

i think I found the solution for this problem; The mentioned problem only occurs for documents where I use compression in document-settings (see file attached). If I set compression to low there are no issues anymore. 

Greeting 
jakob

marcus_sommer

Interesting. I doubt that this is a general issue in certain releases because we would have seen this behaviour more often but there seem to be scenarios in which the de-compression isn't fully finished and some parts of the indexing become invalid.

- Marcus