Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Searching sums

Greetings,

I would like to search sums. I have vouchers which have separate line amounts. I would like to be able to search by the amount of the voucher. This gives me the amounts that I can search, but I am not sure how to search them.  =sum([LineAmount],[VoucherNumber])

I would ike to be able t search for vouchers between $100.00 and $500.00.

I have been trying to solve this for too long. Has anybody ever done this before?

Thanks,

Frank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Frank,

Try to create two variable Var1 and Var2, one for your lower limit of voucher and one for the upper limit.

In chart try to something like this:

if( [LineAmount] >= Var1 and [LineAmount]<=Var2, Aggr(sum([LineAmount]),[VoucherNumber]))

Hope it helps.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

cud you share your app or data

Not applicable
Author

I am sorry. THere is too much data even if I pared it down.

Not applicable
Author

could you please upload a sample data.

Not applicable
Author

I guess, this is possible in script level.

If you want an expression in  search object,first you have to calculate tat expression as a field in script part

avinashelite

Hi

try like this:

Aggr(sum([LineAmount]),[VoucherNumber]) this will give the sum amount based in the voucher numbers.

Then you can search with the sum

Not applicable
Author

THis is getting closer to what I am looking for. This is the question that is being asked: Show me vcher totals between $100 and $1000.

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Frank,

Try to create two variable Var1 and Var2, one for your lower limit of voucher and one for the upper limit.

In chart try to something like this:

if( [LineAmount] >= Var1 and [LineAmount]<=Var2, Aggr(sum([LineAmount]),[VoucherNumber]))

Hope it helps.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

if

(Sum([Check Amount])> NUM#(vLoStrat) and sum([Check Amount]) < NUM#(vHiStrat),sum([Check Amount]))

I was able to use this. Thank You KC!

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

You are welcome

Best Regards,
KC