Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Section Access (ACCESS field)

Hello Qliksters
you know in SECTION ACCESS there is the mandatory field ACCESS which takes either ADMIN or USER
whenever the requirements state that a user sees everything, I used to fetch all possible values for the reduction column...

now in Qlik sense I discovered the following:
A person with ADMIN privileges has access to all data in the app. A person with USER privileges can only access data as defined in the security table. so if a user has access to all data then it is sufficient to give that user ADMIN access.

is it the same for QlikView?

I can walk on water when it freezes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NW1965
Creator
Creator

Yes, that is the same in QlikView

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NW1965
Creator
Creator

Yes, that is the same in QlikView

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It is NOT the same actually, in QlikView you are ONLY an ADMIN when using the Desktop Client, when opening things via the QlikView Server, you are ALWAYS a USER regardless of whether you have been set as an ADMIN in the Section Access table load in the load script.  I just wanted to set the record straight on this one for you.

The following Help link should help you confirm what you need as well:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.