Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cody_summers
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access - AD Group - Org Unit

Good afternoon everyone,

I have setup section access on a report I'm building for our HR department, and this limits Leaders (Directors and above) from viewing all of the existing sheets in the dashboard (through HR employees have full access). With that said, they would prefer if I limit each leaders' ability to view their own organizational / business unit and see nothing else for the sheets they have access to. I have seen examples on here with regions and a small number of leaders, but in this case I'm using a "Leadership AD Group" and would need to make this list dynamic, not only for their respective access, but for when someone leaves the company or if a new director+ is hired. Is this something feasible for Qlikview and section access? Or is there different method all together I should be using? Any guidance or advice you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

While I would select the individual users from the source via the script and build the section access table based on these rows, you can use AD Groups in the NTNAME field of the section access, see:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Security.htm

Make sure you backup the app without any SA first to avoid getting locked out.