cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justcotto
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access: I can see the app on my desktop but on in Access Point server

I am creating section access for sheet level of a dashboard.  I am testing with my AD group and in the desktop mode it works. I am able to limit which AD group can view which tab. But when I publish the dashboard to access point I am not able to access the dashboard at all.  Even though the same AD group granted access in section access is the same AD group granted access in QMC. 

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, OPID

USER , MULTIHOSP\GROUP1 , *

USER, MULTIHOSP\GROUP2 , *];

Section Application;

Security_Ref:
LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME, Main, Dashboard, Waterfall, Trends, Ratios, Counts vs. %, EmployeeTransfers

MULTIHOSP\GROUP1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1

MULTIHOSP\GROUP2,  1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
];

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You have a bit of a problem and the root cause is going to be strict exclusion setting in the Opening tab settings of the document properties, but you want that set to ensure folks do not get into things they should not.  The reason for the problem is your use of * in your reduction field when there are no values specified in any of the other rows either...  The * means all values among those listed in the Section Access table load, if you want all data, that would be a blank, but you will run into the same issue using that when going to the AccessPoint.  The only way around it is to specify other rows in the Section Access table load that have values in the OPID field, or you would need to come up with a value there that truly links to all the possible values.

Here is a link from the Design Blog that should help, there are a couple of links at the bottom of this post related to reduction fields, be sure you check those out too, but I think this should hopefully get you on the right track.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.