Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access (Limited to Specific Views)

Hi Everyone,

I have a requirement where i need to apply section access in only one section of my QVW file, however the other section will have full data. Basically my QVW file has two components:

• Performance Management View
  • Client View

I need to restrict access of user under Performance Management view based on his Portfolio, so he can only see his performance/clients. However if the user goes to Client View (in the same qvw file), he should be able to access information of all the clients irrespective of whether the client falls in his portfolio or not.

Based on my understanding, if i apply section access it will filter data in the entire tool and the user will not be able to see clients which don't fall under his portfolio (even under Client View).

Would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Sumit

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Include a key with corresponding Fact Data tables  like

'Performace Management' as  Key,

'Cleint' as Key so that they can pick one!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Praveena,

Thanks for your quick response. However I don't understand your solution completely. It will be really helpful if you can provide an example.

Thanks,

Sumit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For  Eg: you want to reduce data for  Client View!

Fact tables that are related to Client could be included with Column(Field) text of 'Client' as selection key .

Now on front end have a filter with SelectionKey, when they pick Client =>data will automatically reduced, if they dont pick any all the data will be available to view