Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkatchoudary
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access NTNAME/[DOMAIN NAME] Implementation.

Hello Experts:

Implemented section access in QV Dashbaord, Data reduction works when I using user id and password.
But I want it to be worked with only NTNAME / [DOMAIN NAME] with windows login authentication (SSO).
someone help me on this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Remove the USERID and PÄSSWORD fields in your SA table, and replace them with a single NTNAME column.

Now enter NTName values in this column in a

DOMAINNAME\ACCOUNTNAME

style to identify the AD accounts of the the users that should have access to your document. Then reload and save.

Remember that in order to let a server reload your document, you should add the service account with ACCESS=ADMIN and blank link values to your Section Access table.

IMPORTANT: Save a copy of your document without Section Access and put it in a safe place. You can easily get locked out of your own document when experimenting with Section Access.

You can disable Section Access by simply putting the Section Access; statement in comments.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Remove the USERID and PÄSSWORD fields in your SA table, and replace them with a single NTNAME column.

Now enter NTName values in this column in a

DOMAINNAME\ACCOUNTNAME

style to identify the AD accounts of the the users that should have access to your document. Then reload and save.

Remember that in order to let a server reload your document, you should add the service account with ACCESS=ADMIN and blank link values to your Section Access table.

IMPORTANT: Save a copy of your document without Section Access and put it in a safe place. You can easily get locked out of your own document when experimenting with Section Access.

You can disable Section Access by simply putting the Section Access; statement in comments.

Venkatchoudary
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For some reason if I use NTNAME access denied.

Example Field: NTNAME = DOMAIN\USERNAME
But if I update with [DOMAIN NAME] get access
Example Field: [DOMAIN NAME] = DOMAIN\USERNAME. --> In this case data redcution is not working. Error.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

Please post your Section Access script and example data that you load into the Section Access table.