Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access-for Windows users

Hi All,

I am new to security concepts in qlikview,

Firstly in offical work place we are using small business edition  we create windows users and give the access to the dashboard .

Now in the one of the dashboard there multiple product data is available .

Is it possible to create section access to different ,Example Sales guys should look to sales data when he logins to the machine.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Here you will find many explanations and examples for Section Access.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please refer to the attached document it will help you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sorry forgot attachment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Satya,

Please refer to the attached application for the sample.

The username and passwords are as following

USERIDPASSWORD
ADMINADMIN
SALESSALES
PURCHASEPURCHASE
INVENTORYINVENTORY
PACKAGINGPACKAGING
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys Thanks for the reply ,i have gone through all docs provide and it is helpful.

I have one more question regarding section access and licenses.

currently we have four Dashboard Like Domestic Business,INTL Business ,Reports,Inventory and i have 5 Named Cals & 20 DOC Cals - All 5 Named Calls are utilized by top Management  and in 20 cals we have create four windows users and shared access to all dashboard to all product guys that means i have utilized 16 doc cals ,now Business development team is 10 members and we should provide reports dashboard access to them and region wise we should hide the data one each BD guy logins into it according to belonging to region.

1.How can i work on license in better way "BOCZ if different users logins with same user details it will be popup as  lost connection" .

2.if i implement section access in reports dashboard users need to double authentication ,"One is windows user login" & other one is "Section Access login" how can i work around it .

marcus_sommer

This are the disadvantages with which you must live by sharing licences between different users and the real solution would be to purchase so many licences how you users respectively user-document combinations you have.

- Marcus