Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access issue with Qlikview

Hi All,

I have problem with regard to Data reduction using section access in Qlikview. I am fetching user id details along with associated state operation to reduce data as per assigned state op.

When I am using only STRICT EXECLUSION option, data is not reducing and users can have access to whole dashboard but when I am using INITIAL DATA REDUCTION BASED ON STRICT SECTION ACCESS along with STRICT EXCLUSION, then users are not able to access dashboard from access point, when they open dashboard they redirects back to login page.

Thanks

Uday Behera

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That seems to indicate that section access is working properly but your section access table doesn't allow your users to see any data. Perhaps you can post more information like the part of the script that relates to section access.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And BTW, you cannot use "Strict Exclusion" on its own, i.e. without enabling "Initial Data reduction based on section access". The "Strict Exclusion" checkbox may seem to be marked, but without "Initial Data Reduction" being enabled as well, it will be greyed out, meaning that this option will not be in effect.

Strict Exclusion can only be selected/changed if Initial Data Reduction is enabled. That's also the reason why Strict Exclusion is indented underneath the Initial Data Reduction option. The former depends on the latter being enabled.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gybert,

I've attached below piece of section code and it seems fine from my end.

Capture.JPG

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can use  UPPER()  function in section access always

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP