Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Section Access issue

Hi All,

Anyone faced the below scenario while implementing the Section Access.

In the below script, We have provided the Same Access to USER1, USER2 and USER4.

It is working for USER1 and  USER2. But for USER4 show all the data instead of ORG ->1000

I have tested exact below scenario with Multiple users. 

Not properly working for some users. Instead of restriction, It shows all the data.

SECTION ACCESS ;
LOAD
ZQVACCESS as ACCESS,
UPPER(ZQVNTNAME) as NTNAME,
ORG;

LOAD * INLINE [
ZQVACCESS, ZQVNTNAME, ORG

ADMIN,DOMAIN\SETTU, *
USER, DOMAIN\USER1, 1000
USER, DOMAIN\USER2, 2000
USER, DOMAIN\USER3, 1000
USER, DOMAIN\USER4, 1000

];

SECTION APPLICATION;
STAR IS *;

ORGTable:
LOAD * INLINE [
ORG
]
;

Qlikview Version :  12.10 SR7

Let me know, if you need any further information.

Edited : ORG Names

24 Replies
avinashelite

I test your code its working fine for me you had missed the ORG names as per the access table I just added the data and tested it . if am missing anything let me know

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you enabled 'Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access' in the document properties settings?

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III
Author

Yes. I forgot to change the ORG name. Thanks Avinash.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III
Author

Yes tresesco‌. It is working for other Users. Some users only having this issue.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, I see now that you already mentioned that. . Try to prob and find if there is any pattern of the error. Is the user somehow distinct from others (may be any special character in name/id).

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On first sight, this means that you have not enabled "strict exclusion" and that in your actual document the Link field value specified by Section Access has no corresponding value in you Section Application data model. That's the most probable cause of Section Access granting access to all data.

A couple of tips:

• put a text box with =OSUser() on a sheet and check the actual domain name of the user that is currently viewing your document
  • temporarily comment out the Section Access; statement, reload and use a listbox for field NTNAME and a table box for other data in your data model to check the Linking and selection of data rows for each individual NTNAME

BTW what's the second SA table used for? Isn't the first with just fields ACCESS, NTNAME and ORG enough?

avinashelite

Could you please share the associated tables details and script ?? will check how the data association is working the model

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III
Author

As i said earlier, I have tested the exactly same script which i mentioned  (Just changed NTNAME).

In our original application,  we have a associated tables after this implement..

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks. Checked that one also.

Testing purpose, I used conditional hidden sheet with Same name (OsUser()). It is working perfectly.

But, the data only not restricted.