Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Section Access not making a selection

Hi,

I've added section access to my dashboard and only want to show certain fields for certain people. For example, I want to show UK, USA and Australia for myself. When opening the dashboard the only 3 Areas I can see are the 3 mentioned in a selection box, however the dashboard is still showing values for all Areas, not just the 3 i have access to. What i mean by that is, for example, UK = £100, USA = £200, Australia = £150. I would expect to see an overall total of £450, however I'm seeing £2500 which is the total of ALL areas. Any help would be great.

Kev

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @kev6brown ,

a check of the links between the SA table and your data model is in fact a good idea.

Just a quick reminder: check in the Document Properties > Opening the value of the flag "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access".

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2023/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Properti...

Regards

Fabiano

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @kev6brown 

Hard to understand without knowing how you have built your section access. It is possible you have not linked properly your section access with the rest of the data model hence it is not working properly. From your description it is not clear how areas should be linked to fact table which is likely driving your kpi values.

you may want to share screenshots of your data model viewer and your section access script (maybe scrable or blur sensitive data - if any)

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Fabiano_Martino_Intelco
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @kev6brown ,

a check of the links between the SA table and your data model is in fact a good idea.

Just a quick reminder: check in the Document Properties > Opening the value of the flag "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access".

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2023/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Properti...

Regards

Fabiano

kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Tables weren’t linking, working now, thanks