Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II

Section Access vs SSO

Hello Experts,

Recently SSO have been implemented to give access to external users, however external used have separate username than their Windowslogin. This user name contains no Domain.

How can we implement section access? if not NTNAME how we can manage this with UseName as users can changes their password to login SSO.

Just confusing how Qlik authenticates the username to restrict the data. Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks.

Raju Solmon

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you look in google to get into work. Because, Community has number of thread about section access.

And, If you need Any Authentication details like windows from Web site directly which need from SSO implementation i think you need to create one variable and you could call that variable into Mapping table for section access.

But, We are not sure how you done in SSO to get credentials ...

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Anil, yes my case is somehow different. SSO implementation is completely done by third party as it is not simple task. I had imeplemented all kind of section access until now and all worked properly.

My concern here is i cannot anle to

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't believe how SSO is different. My question is which implementation you done SSO either .net / Java / ....

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Authentication doesn't really have to happen using Section Access. If you don't use the USERID/PASSWORD mechanism, authentication is always done outside of Section Access by whatever system you chose to use.

If you don't want to use AD to identify users, you can use a CUSTOM directory, either in QMC or in a set of database tables.

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Peter, we do prefer NTNAME rathet username and password. Could you please provide more information on this? Or any link?

Thanks,

Raju