Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Section Access with AD-Group?

Hi,

I tried to search an answer on how to use AD-Groups in section access instead of samaccountname.

There was not so many good answers unfortunately.

NTNAME      FIELDVALUE      ACCESS

DOMAIN\ADGROUP      001      ADMIN

DOMAIN\SAMACCOUNTNAME      006      USER

Is it possible to use both adgroup and samaccountname in NTMANE field or is NTNAME field only locked to samaccountname?

And should i use DOMAIN\.... or not?

3 Replies
rsplanes
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Hassan,

you can use DOMAIN\GROUP and DOMAIN\USER in NTNAME field

both can apply for one user

yes, you should use 'DOMAIN\'  and always with upper case letters

Regards,

chiragparikh01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Hassan,

Is it possible to use multiple domain groups in section access? i.e. DOMAIN1\GROUP1, DOMAIN2\GROUP2 etc.

I am getting an error Access denied.

Regards,

Chirag Parikh

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Chirag, just FYI, it is best if you create a new thread in these situations versus posting to an old thread, but the answer is yes, but you will need to ensure the domains have the proper trust relationships configured between them such that the server is able to process auth requests against both domains etc., or things are not likely going to work.  The exception for this would be if you are using a custom single sign-on front-end for authentication, and the QlikView Server is set to use the DMS security mode, in that case you would just need to have both domains configured as AD DSP's in the Directory Resource Connector area of the QMC I believe, such that we would be able to check if the user exists etc.  Hopefully this helps, if not, do post to a new thread, that should get you an answer more quickly.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.