Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access with Button Actions

Hello,

This problem is so weird for me, I couldn't understand why it is happening.

I will try my best to explain the problem in a easy understandable way.

I  have a button in a page with 7 different actions.

Actions vary from

Clear Fields,

Copy State Content,

Set Variables and

Activating a sheet.

This button is working fine as long as I enter the section access code.

Section access code is straight forward code and I don't see any issue after adding that.

It performs in a way it has to, after reloading.

But, once the section access code is reloaded all the buttons are working in the same way as expected  except the "Button with 7 different actions"

I couldn't find any relation between the section access and this button because I didn't change any condition in the button after reloading.

If you need additional information, pls let me know I will add some explanation.

If you can help me, I really appreciate it.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I explored little bit and found why exactly this issue happens.

Since the button contains the "Copy State Variables", that action is not happening when "Section Access " is implemented. Though I am not sure what will be the relation between "Section Access" and "Copy State Content" action for a button.

Also, because of "Copy State Content" action, non of the other actions set for the same button didn't work.

Anyone see any link?

Looking for an alternate way to implement the same, is there a way to hold the state of the sheet by not using the "Copy State Content" ?

Not applicable
Author

The issue is basically, "Copy State Contents" action for a button is not working along with "Section Access".

If anybody had faced the same issue just let me know how you resolved it or if any alternate way.

pmccaffrey
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I'm noticing the same problem as well. The Copy State Contents action does not work when Section Access is active.

Not applicable
Author

We have the same issue. Is there a solution yet?

francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There were some results by having the Clear All action on the destination Alternate State but it doesn't work afaik on April 2019 and following versions 😞