Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bernhard2760
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Section Access with Space in NTName Qlik View

Dear Qlik Community,

I have a problem with users having a space in the NTName in order to use it in Section Access. I've found a related thread witch suggests to replace the space with a '+' sign. However this does not seem to work. There is no problem with the scripting itself since other users without spaces in the name work as expected.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Bernhard

SectionAccessNTNameSpace.png

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Your found link relates to Qlik Sense not to QlikView and is IMO not applicable here. Are you really sure that the origin NTNAME have spaces? I'm not an expert to the whole active directory stuff but I could imagine that the displayed user-name isn't mandatory the NTNAME else a customizable change ...

What shows QV for: = osuser() for this user (maybe in a textbox in an application without any section access)? If it really look like a space copy and paste the result to notepad++ or excel to check which chars are really there.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Your found link relates to Qlik Sense not to QlikView and is IMO not applicable here. Are you really sure that the origin NTNAME have spaces? I'm not an expert to the whole active directory stuff but I could imagine that the displayed user-name isn't mandatory the NTNAME else a customizable change ...

What shows QV for: = osuser() for this user (maybe in a textbox in an application without any section access)? If it really look like a space copy and paste the result to notepad++ or excel to check which chars are really there.

- Marcus