Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join this live chat April 6, 10AM EST - QlikView to Qlik Sense REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fanch
Partner
Partner

Section Access

Hi everybody,

I want to set up the right access for different users in a Qlikview document.

So, i have created in a hidden script for Section_Access and Section_Application this :

SectionAcess2.JPG

In my table viewer, i have the link for the country.

After loading, i open Qlikview Application and i open qlikview document (by Open or Open in server) and ..... i see alls the country.

What should i do to see only REGION1 and REGION3 ?

Thanks in advance

 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fanch
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi everybody,

Finding the solution.

Root cause : Problem with name of account service 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In the Document Properties, is "Strict exclusion" set? (before you enable it, make sure you backup the application).

Using QlikView Desktop, ADMIN may be able to see everything.

Also, when using NTNAME, you will need most likely the form DOMAIN\ACCOUNT as it is returned by the function OSUser() on the QlikView document when you open it.

One easy try is load the same tables without the SECTION lines (commented, for example) and when you select on the field NTNAME for "FANCH" what would you see.

Fanch
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your answers.

My screen picture is just an example. In my original script,  i have well the name of domain like this :

NAMEDOMAIN\ADMIN or NAMEDOMAIN\FANCH

Fanch
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi Miguel

Thanks a lot for your answers,

Yeees, it must  "In the Document Properties, is "Strict exclusion" set? (before you enable it, make sure you backup the application)." 

🍺

Brett_Bleess
Support (Former)
Support (Former)

Adding link to Design Blog post on Section Access that has links to other posts regarding dynamic data reduction too that will likely be helpful to review:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Fanch
Partner
Partner
Author

Hi everybody,

Finding the solution.

Root cause : Problem with name of account service 

View solution in original post