Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi,

I have implemented a section access that work fine when I log in a user with "ACCESS" = ADMIN, but if the user has "ACCESS" = USER I can't log in!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

From the application, in the document properties, Opening, remove the strict exclusion have have a look if you see any data when you open the document with user. Might be the case that no existing LEVEL1_SA & LEVEL2_SA have been specified.

In addition to that, also load USERID in upper case by using Upper(USERID) to make sure section access is properly applied. However, I doubt this could be the ultimate reason if you say access = admin works fine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you c/p the section access code?

Everything between Section Access; and Section Application;

Not applicable
Author

Section Access;
Directory;
LOAD ACCESS,
     USERID,
     PASSWORD,
     SalesTeamName as [SalesTeam], upper(SalesTeamName) as LEVEL1_SA, Level1 as [SalesTeam Level1], upper(Level1) as LEVEL2_SA
FROM
$(vPath_Config)$(vFilename)_SA.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is SalesRepsSA);
Section Application;
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

From the application, in the document properties, Opening, remove the strict exclusion have have a look if you see any data when you open the document with user. Might be the case that no existing LEVEL1_SA & LEVEL2_SA have been specified.

In addition to that, also load USERID in upper case by using Upper(USERID) to make sure section access is properly applied. However, I doubt this could be the ultimate reason if you say access = admin works fine.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Martin!

It was the "Strict Exclusion"!