Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Section Acess and Reload by Console

Hi everybody,

I want to implemate a section access in a QlikView document, but i have a issue with the Reload by Console. I've done the next test.

Test 1 : Reload QV Document by Console with Section Access in Comment..... Test Ok and I can open my document on the server

Test 2 : Reload QV Document by Console document with Section Access in Uncomment...... Test OK  and I can open my document on the server

Test 3 : Reload QV Document by Console document with Section Access in Uncomment after Test 2...... Test KO, but I can always open my document on the server !!!!! 😲

How to schedule a task that reload a QV document when this QV document already has a section access ?

Thanks at all for your answers ?

16 Replies
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

Trying the answers 😃

In Section Access, the row ADMIN, DOMAIN\QVSVCFANCH, is not good

It must put ADMIN, INTERNAL\QVSVCFANCH, and the reload by console is ok

Thanks Joseph for your collaboration 🍺

Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Sorry, the issue appears again ...

I don'understand 😥

joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Fanch,

You could activate the log in the QVW application, open the file in the QlikView desktop-> Settings-> Document Properties-> Mark Generate log file. The log will be saved in the directory where the QVW file is located as a TXT file.

Run the reload from the QMC again and verify what the log says.

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Mark Generate Log File always ok

Reload by QMC ko, but Log File on Server not updated

(19/03/2020 15:16:15) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

add a * (star) in the lines from your admins

regards

Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

adding a star, reload.

Reload by console ko

Just for informatio, the acount service has a lower character

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not exactly sure what you are saying is the issue, but if it is that you cannot open the app post reload using the service account, this is going to be as expected behavior, as using 'blank' on the reduction field for the service account causes a lock-out on opening the application via QlikView Server if you have Strict Exclusion set in the Document Properties\Opening tab settings.  This is the correct way to do things in order to ensure you get the correct data loaded, the only way around it is to create a reduction value that encompasses all other possible values to be able to open things via the QVServer.  

The following Design Blog post may be of some help on this one in checking your work too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Be sure to note the additional links at the bottom of that post before the comments start to other posts you likely want to review too.  

Here is the Help link as well:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Security.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.