cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator

Section access help?

I would like to control section access using a flag. I attached the example file along with script file for the password.

example in this attached document fy2015,france data will be available to PETER only (SEEDATA'column is 0 against him)

'JOHN' and 'USER' should not see fy2015 france data as 'SEEDATA'column is 1 against them.

I need the SEEDATA column since it is controlled dynamically..

Can any one help plz?

13 Replies
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

We have section access table with country, office, and users with designations. users with higher designations are given a seedata flag 1 remaining others are marked as 0. But there is a other control table with fields country,period and a flag. by default the flag values are 1 for all the country and period.

but

controltable:

country,period,flag

france,fy2015,1

france,fy2014,0

france,fy2013,0

canda,fy2014,0

canada,fy2013,0

this above table is not part of section access. requirement is i want to publish france data for fy2015 for those users who have seedataflag 1 in section access. once higher designated people are happy i make the flag in control table as 0 so that everyone in section access table irrespective of flag will see fy2015data for france.

how can i achieve this?

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Gautham,

I have done little modification in your script and refer the comments in the script too. its working for me, it should work for you too.

Solution is based on Toni and peter.

toni or peter..let me if the solution is correct?

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Perfect. Works. Thanks all.

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Anyone knows how to remove the unused auth keys ?

Capture.JPG