Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section access is not working

Hi,

I am trying to set section access on one of the document to reduce data per user.

I have added the following to the script

Section Access;

LOAD NTNAME,

NTDOMAINSID,

[ACCESS],

MANUFACTLBL

FROM

C:\QlikviewReports\Sourcedocuments\SectionAccess\ByBrandNameMangers.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Section Application;

Where I want to reduce data based on the MANUFACTLBL.

I have also Intialated the Data Reduction Based on section access on the Document properties/Opening tab.

and on the scurity I have checked the box reduce data.

When  I try to access the document using one of the users it asks me for UserID and Password and when I enter my QV User ID and Password it doesn't recognize me.

Is there anybody can help?

Thxs

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there anything I need to do.?

I am trying to get rid of the IserID and Password..

how can I link it to the computer UserID and Password? as It is working fin eon another report but don't know how did they do it.

Thxs

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I suspect that the user's login is not one of those on the spreadsheet, so it cannot find the NTNAME and degrades to a username and password login. You have not supplied the username/password option on your section access, so it fails.

Alternatively, the user is on a different domain, so the domain SID is causing access to be blocked.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I am working remotly on a server and I have logged using one of the names on my excel file.

and when logging to the access point to view the report i use the same userID.

Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I have added all the possible users to the excel file but still not able to do it.

Thxs