Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Section access not working - Qlikview version 11

Hello

I was wondering if someone could help me.  I trained 2 new usrs today and they are set up in a local group so that they should only be able to see 1 dashboard at the access point

However, the users are able to see all the qlikview documents which are in development and even access dashboards with section access, which they have not been given access too

I do not know whether the upgrade to version 11 has changed how permissions are granted, and cannot guarantee that the upgrade is the reason why section access is not working, but in Version 10 the end users were only able to see what I granted them access too

Can anyone help or advise?

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Reply
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you having problems with documents not being hidden in the QlikView AccessPoint?

There are two ways to do that:

• Windows: Revoke NTFS rights for people that should not be able to see/access specific documents. This can be tricky, especially when mixing local and domain groups. Keep in mind that initially local users are member of the Users group with Read-rights to the default documents folder. In many AD networks, Domain Users will also be member of the local Users group etc.
    Check "Effective permissions" on each malfunctioning document to find out what rights really apply.

• QlikView: Let section access determine visibility in the AP overview. In your desktop, enable Settings->Document Properties->Server->Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access. People that don't appear in SA won't see any documents. However, people that appear in SA but cause the data reduction to reduce data to nothing will still see the document in AP. On opening such an AP document, they will get "Failed to open..."

Is it still working correctly for exisiting users, only not for the new ones?

Best,

Peter