Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

Section access with hierarchy

There is a table in data with hierarchy such that.. Manager | Team Lead | Employee

I want to create section access such that Employee should only see employee data, Tead Lead should see Team Lead Data and Employee Data, and Manager should see all the data.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

can you share example of dataset?

I need to understand what is employee data and team lead data.

are you trying to implement hierarchy such that a manager should see data related to all his direct/indirect hierarchy? simlarly for team lead , and employee should see only his data?

if that's the case then you will have to maintain a hierarchy table and while creating section access identify all employees that either report to that person or reports to someone who reports to that person, add all those employeeids in your section access reduce field.

I am assuming you have a role playing dimension employeeid that stores manager, teamlead and employees

View solution in original post

2 Replies
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

can you share example of dataset?

I need to understand what is employee data and team lead data.

are you trying to implement hierarchy such that a manager should see data related to all his direct/indirect hierarchy? simlarly for team lead , and employee should see only his data?

if that's the case then you will have to maintain a hierarchy table and while creating section access identify all employees that either report to that person or reports to someone who reports to that person, add all those employeeids in your section access reduce field.

I am assuming you have a role playing dimension employeeid that stores manager, teamlead and employees

jeeva3095
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sujit,

Have you implemented the section access?

I need to implement the same in my report. Kindly help to implement.

Thanks,

Jeeva