Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security/Distribution of Report

Hi,

The company I work for are inexperienced Qlikview users and have a few questions regarding how to distribute a report once designed, and how to implement security into a report.

We are using version 8.01, my understanding from reading other posts on the forum is that the best way to distribute would be using Publiser, but we do not use that here so are there any other options? The ideal option would be that a report could automatically be sent out weekly/daily, but we are not sure if this is possible.

Secondly we want to be able to add security to our reports so for example a cost centre manager can only see data relevant to their cost centre, is this something that is only done at script level (I am a developer, and we only have one professional user), or again are there other options?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In SR 2 9.0, there is an option 'User Access' button in Edit Script, in that give the credentials of the user.

Map the location/area/ category to the userID. Then when the user logged in he can view only the data to which he was mapped.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan, but would that be something that only a Professional user could do, not a Developer? When I have tried to amend the script in the past it won't reload as I am only set up as a Developer.