Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOD_1962
Contributor II
Contributor II

Security Sheet Level

Hello All

My first question to these boards.

I have a Qlikview development which contains a number of sheets (Tabs). I have a number of users who can see this qvw which is fine and they are allowed to see all the data.

I wish to add a user whom only needs to see three sheets and all the data on those sheets. Given we use the Management Console, what is the best way to restrict the new user so that they only see these three sheets and not the rest but, still allow everyone else to see all the sheets?

Each sheet is named of course. I have seen examples of using Inline files based on user id and access and wonder if that is best. The data is sensitive.  

Thanks

Mark

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Take a look here: Section-Access .

- Marcus

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Take a look here: Section-Access .

- Marcus

MOD_1962
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for that I will read through it and see what helps me.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Couple more links to add to this one, please be sure if one of the posts did help you that you close out your thread by using the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that did help.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Enhancing-the-User-Experience-Using-Conditional-Expre...

Hopefully those provide a bit further help in sorting out the details possibly.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
MOD_1962
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank for the information.

Working from home now and have limited access to Qlikview. We are looking at how to do things differently

Kind regards

Mark