Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security on A Tab in a QV App

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is a way to apply security for just one tab of a QV application, without it affecting the other tabs.

For example,

I know how to implement security for the whole QlikView application, and have got that working, so that the application displays limited data based on the users security access.

However, I have five tabs in my application, and I really only want security for one of these tabs, as I would like the users to be able to see all of the data for the other tabs.

My security is set by Division and Country, and I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if it is possible to set security for just a single tab, if so, how do you do it?

I'd really appriciate some help with this issue.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can do it by combining the "Show Condition" for the page, with the "Initial Data Reduction" by Section Access. It can't, however, be only limited to the single sheet. In other words, Gillian Collins will only see UK across all sheets within an application.

If you need to completely segregate a single sheet, I'd recommend separating it out into a separate document and using document-wide security.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The security settings (Section Access) apply to the whole document, so in essence you can't make the whole document "not secured" and only one tab "secured".

You can, however, link your users to a field that drives the security of the specific Sheet, and use "Show Condition" in the Sheet Properties to only show the Sheet for those users that are allowed to see it.

So, Section Access will apply to the whole document, but the specific tab will only be visible to selected users.

Is that what you were looking for?

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the help,

Just wondering, dose that then mean that if I link the users to a feild that drives the secuirty of the specific sheet,

Can I then let some users see the sheet for certain countrys and others see it for other countrys? Or do you either have access to that sheet or dont.

For example,

Would it be possible for;

Gillian Collins to see the sheet, but I only want her to see data regarding the UK

and Aisling Kelly to see the sheet but only see data for portugal,

and Sorcha Lally not to see the sheet at alll.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That is possible. See here for an example that limits access to sheets. But it is not possible to set up section access so Gillian can see only UK data on sheet A and see all countries on sheet B.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can do it by combining the "Show Condition" for the page, with the "Initial Data Reduction" by Section Access. It can't, however, be only limited to the single sheet. In other words, Gillian Collins will only see UK across all sheets within an application.

If you need to completely segregate a single sheet, I'd recommend separating it out into a separate document and using document-wide security.

Not applicable
Author

Okay that's really helpful,

Thanks a million.