Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

See My app in IE-Plugin only???

Hello,

I use QV server 11.

I would like  not display the AJAX version of my qvw. I want users to use only IE Plugin.

Is it possible?

How can i do that? (if it is possible).

Thanks for help

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Under QMC > Documents you can select you documents on the server and decide what clients they should be available on

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunden,

I selected  IE client but in access point showing nothing means white page. That selected app not showing.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you select Full Browser and Small Device, are you able to see it? Did you check permissions and authorization for that document? Check that if you are using section access, the user that is logging in is in the section access table.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes,if select full browser and small device then my app is opening.But I didn't use section access.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'm running version 11 SR2 Update 2 release 11440 of QlikView Server, just set a document to open only with IE; and it shows in both IE and Chrome, although the document does not open in Chrome. It's an empty document with no data except for a text object.

The blank page may happen after clicking but not before clicking. Make sure that you upgrade to the latest version available of QlikView Server, just in case.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

hi,

Should i need to change any path settings in QMC-->System-->QVWedserver--->Access Point.

???????

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

No, you should not. In my case is a default Server 11 installation, and the IE Plugin Client Path in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > AccessPoint > AccessPoint Settings is set to

/QvPlugin/opendoc.htm

In any case, I have not changed anything in the Web Server, only I have checked IE Client in the Documents > User Documents > Server > Availability in the correspoding document, and unchecked all the others.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

After i  selecting the only IE client then opend my access point and selected that app but page is not changing. In browser address it's showing http://80.0.1.20/qlikview/index.htm# . My app is not opening.Plz advice me.

My desktop version is:QV 11.00.11282.0 SR1

My Sever version is:QV11.0.11282.0

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

IE Client requires port 4747 tcp open in both the client and the server. You will need to create a new rule in your firewall to allow inbound and outbound connections to this port in both firewalls.

Let us know how that works after modifying the firewall rules.

Hope that helps.

Miguel