Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join this live chat April 6, 10AM EST - QlikView to Qlik Sense REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezec1807
Creator
Creator

See QV Extensions in Browser

Good how are you?

Does anyone know why QlikView extensions do not work in Internet Explorer 8/11? I did not find anything on the web about this topic. Thank you very much! Regards, Ezequiel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Indeed, Ajax client does not support the reporting creation or modification. There is a technical reason behind that and it is roughly speaking that reporting in QlikView is done via OCX controls, not web controls, therefore you need an OCX compatible client.

You have two ways to cover that functionality:

  • Use the QlikView Desktop tool (or IE Plugin which is basically the same thing in terms)
  • Use other Qlik tools like NPrinting, which are valid for more pure reporting capabilities

Miguel

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Ezequiel,

First, make sure you are not using IE Plugin, but the Ajax client.

Second, check that the extensions are properly installed in the QlikView Server folder (QlikTip #40: Installing/Deploying QlikView Extensions).

/Miguel

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Many extensions do not support IE8 hence they fail to load properly or might effect the data you showing inside that extension.

You either need to upgrade your IE8 to the latest IE11 (if you already have the IE11 installed, can you share the screenshot of the error or UI behaviour for extension?). And I think almost all extensions should work on IE11.

One way to check your IE supporting the extensions is

When in access point, press F12 to open developers settings for IE and go to Emulation Tab to check what is the default IE your browser is using (sometimes the companies use IE8 as default) which doesn't support the extensions

Check the Image below and your Document Mode should be set to 'Edge' as default for extensions to work & Browser Profile to 'Desktop'

You can change it temporarily from here to check how extensions is behaving in Access Point and if it is working fine then inform your Infrastructure Team to change the settings for Access Point web portal alone.

You can also check other behaviors and response time by your browser to fetch the data points from server.

Thanks.

SVG.png

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes, as Miguel mentioned before everything else check your extensions are placed in proper location on server. If everything is fine then open Access Point in Chrome and see the behavior there.

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you all for the answers! Attached image of configuration in the server (image 1). The theme is that if I download the plugin from Internet Explorer, the option to generate a report does not work for me (Image Access Point 3). And the display of the board is different (image 2 and 3).


Thank you very much!


image 1.jpgimage AccessPoint 2.jpgimage AccessPoint 3.jpgRegards, Ezequiel

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Have you check your IE Developer settings as I showed below?

Check what IE version your browser is taking as default...

Below are the settings I'm using for my Access Point 'Full Browser and small device version'

But most importantly check your IE version. And if it is IE8 or below then change it to IE11 and check it

SVG.png

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

¡Gracias por la respuesta! La configuración de la versión del emulador está muy bien. Es Edge. Ahora, la cuestión es que si cambio de la configuración de "Browser completo" Puedo ver las extensiones desde el punto de acceso sin problema, pero no puedo generar informes, como se muestra en la imagen 2 y 3 unido anteriormente. Y la visualización es totalmente diferente. ¡Muchas gracias! Saludos, Ezequiel

ezec1807
Creator
Creator
Author

From what I see in the images that you sent me of configuration, in the option of "Full Browser" is different the .htm that I have: "Opendoc_notoolbar.htm" and I have "opendoc.htm" Does it have anything to do with this? Thank you very much! Regards, Ezequiel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Ezequiel,

Como mencioné más arriba, las extensiones no funcionan con Internet Explorer Plugin, independientemente de la versión del navegador.

Asegúrate de que el usuario siempre abre las aplicaciones QlikView desde el modo Ajax, de forma que pueda visualizar e interactuar con todas las extensiones.

/Miguel

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Opendoc_notoolbar I used to remove the default Ajax Tool bar in Access Point. It has nothing to do with your issue.

I'm not sure about Fullbrowser plugin option for you. The settings which I've is default for my company. You can try changing it to full browser.

But as I mentioned earlier please check the IE version you trying for Access Point. In Many casess IE8 will not work for extensions.

Check your IE version and update it to the latest one.

Thanks.