Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II

Select Max Year when open the document

Hi Qlikers,

how can i select max Year when document opens in qlikview without using op open document triggers. Because we are using Ajax, so on open document triggers not working.

Please give idea is there any other way we can do this,

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
5 Replies
praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unless you are running macros, the document/sheet "on open" triggers should work in both plug-in and AJAX versions.

Document Settings -> Triggers -> On Open (edit options) -> Add  Action (select in field) -> select field and max value

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your input.

We  did not use any macros and I tried this on open document triggers but we are using Ajax and we checked in access point. This document triggers not working..and we have a single sheet based dashboards..so sheet level triggers also not working.

Please tell me is there any other way to do this

Thanks in advance

praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III

You may refer this post:

It looks like you may need admin change to make the trigger work 

or

You may use search expression in URL to dynamically assign value and save it as bookmark

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/How-to-do-an-initial-selection-with-Ajax-and-Qlikview-...

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your response

I went through this link, 

but i am unable to find out solution, can you please give explanation  what exactly i have to do for displaying max year when open the doc with ajax

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Gopi, could you use a Let statement on a variable in the Script that would update on each load and then where you need that set, use the variable in the expression?

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.