Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select distinct in pick dimensions

Hi,

I have created a pick dimensions chart where the user can click on a List Box and the columns he wants will appear.

I want the user to be able to do a Select Distinct like in SQL. That is for the 5 let's say columns out of 20 that he chooses, to show the distinct rows only and not all of them. The result will be different, depending on the columns he picks.

5 Replies
iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

Can you give us an example.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Don't understand the problem. If you've created this chart it should work as you described.

Could you attach an example ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I could not understand but i hope this will help You.

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Documents\Whats new in in Qlikview\Reports(sheet).

Regards

Mahesh T

Not applicable
Author

Sorry about the confusion, the mistake I made was that I had a hidden dimension and all the rows were displayed.

So, in order to avoid getting a huge table I had to use expressions, rather than dimensions. If you use only dimensions, the table gets bigger and bigger as you pick more columns, but not if you put them as expressions. That's why I used 5 dimensions and 50 expressions.

Indeed it works as select distinct when you choose a dimension, but this is not the case for expressions. I used a conditional

SubStringCount(Concat(_Name of Set, '|'), 'Column1')  AND getselectedcount(_Name of Set)>0

Where Name of Set contains all these columns. So there is actually no problem, I just hadn't seen my document for a while. Sorry about the confusion!

What I am now trying to see is an easy way to show a counter of the displayed rows (not selected).

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you want to display RowCount then try like this

=Sum(Aggr(1, Dim1, Dim2,....DimN))

-Replace Dim1, Dim2... with your dimension names in the chart.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.