cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select in Field Issue with Variable

I'm experiencing a problem using the select in field with a variable that hopefully someone can help me with.

I set the variable on "OnOpen" (image 1) then do a select in field (image 2) just below it.

The variable is getting updated to "3" but the condition of selecting "902" is never met.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does variable updates from Input Box somewhere? Or how does it is. Can you please share sample.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

the variable value is coming from a file loaded in the section application load of the section access

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you place second argument to first and first to second like

If(vRep=3, '(' & 901 & '|' & 902 & ')' , 902)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK, I switched them and then tested. The 902 value works, but the (901|902) does not. Is it possible the variable is not loading until after the select in field?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Well, May be i need to test. I wonder why it is not. For a while (901 | 902) try this alone. Let's see, I assume with If .. Else condition should work. Let me get for you by tomorrow. It's late night ..

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

For me Its' working

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Action sequence could be causing the issue. So to make it sure that the selection triggers works only when the variable value has been set, instead of putting the second action (selection) under same OnOpen trigger, try putting it under Variable Event trigger.