Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select in Field

I am trying to have my Search String (seen below), in the Select in Field action at the bottom of this object button, reference a variable that is affected/updated by the fields selected above it. That is, for the last action, I want to use an If statement evaluating the current value of the variable (vDolAmt), which dynamically changes given the fields that were selected by the actions above it. Given that actions in an object run top down, I would have thought this was possible, however, it does not seem to be so as qv thinks the value is 0 when evaluating, and thus does not filter the 'Country' field. I tried to "Set Variable" before I reference it in the action below it in hopes of "refreshing" the variable value, but to no avail. Is there a way around this?

qv2.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

That is very interesting.  I have not had that experience, but I guess it depends on the kind of actions you do.  Here is a link I found with more information that was helpful.

Re: Execution order of actions

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately Actions do not run in order from top to bottom.

In fact, one cannot guarantee the order they are run in.  So one should never do any Actions that are dependent on other Actions having been run first.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

That is very interesting.  I have not had that experience, but I guess it depends on the kind of actions you do.  Here is a link I found with more information that was helpful.

Re: Execution order of actions

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike, Christof's workaround did the trick