Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select multiple values in a Straight Table or Search using a >, <, >=, or <=

Is there a way in QV 9.0 to choose multiple values in a Straight Table? If not, is there a way to do a search that would include a >, <,<>, >=, or <=?

I was going to load an inline table, but the problem is that this is for the Sum(Revenue). Based on the selections, this changes drastically. The values could range from 0 - 40,000,000 with no selections and 0-500 with certain selections. I would need the grouping to be as dynamic as the selections.

Thanks,

Aline

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

For Dimensions, you can use Dropdown Select. For Expressions like Revenue, use "Searcheable". Both settings are defined at the "Presentation" tab of the Chart Properties dialog.

Not applicable
Author

This table does not have any visible dimensions since the user requirements wants to be able to sort every column. I have the Searchable option chosen for any relevant columns, but how can I return all values > 350,000 as an example?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Click on the "magnifying glass" icon next to the Expression Heading, and type >350000 as a search string. Press Enter.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg,

I've tried that several times in different ways: ">350000", >350000, >$350,000. Nothing is filtered. I have removed all other searchable fields on the table thinking that it was getting confused about what to filter. Nothing is filtered.

If I use a simple number like 10, it will filter to any values that have a 10 somewhere in the number, but if I choose a larger number like 31229 (1 of the values is 312,292), nothing is filtered. I purposely exclude the last number in case it is rounding.

This is a calculated field with Set Analysis inside. I assumed this messed up the search, but then why would it return if I choose a small value?

Sum

({$ <Year={$(=Year(vAnalysisAnchorDate))}, Month={$(=Month(vAnalysisAnchorDate))}>} Revenue)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Aline