Select multiple years with On Open Trigger

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI @Brip51 

Try like this

MayilVahanan_0-1612092826197.png

='('&Max(Year)&'|'&(Max(Year)-1)&')'

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Brip51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Mayil,

Thank you for your reply especially since I accidently posted without details.

I think this will work.  I will test it.

I want to try and create the trigger based on the current year.  This is what I meant to post below-

I am trying to create an On Open Trigger that selects the last ten years based on the current year.

I currently hardcode the trigger with the years, but I cannot hardcode dates due to the requirement -I am using (2010|2011|2012|2013|2014|2015|2016|2017|2018|2019|2020) at the moment.

If I use this:  ='<=' =Year(Today()) No years are selected.  If I use the same syntax, but put use 2020 it works.  So =’<= 2020’ works. 

I have tried different syntax. =Year(Today()) works fine, but I cannot get <= to work with the Year(Today()).

Is it possible to do this in the triggers or do I have something wrong ?

Thanks,

Brian

Brip51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Mayil,

Thanks for your reply especially since my detail did not post for some reason.

I think this will work.  I will test.

I want try an expression where the selections are less than the current year.  The details of what  I meant to originally post are below :

I am trying to create an On Open Trigger that selects the last ten years based on the current year.

I currently hardcode the trigger with the years, but I cannot hardcode dates due to the requirement -I am using (2010|2011|2012|2013|2014|2015|2016|2017|2018|2019|2020) at the moment.

If I use this:  ='<=' =Year(Today()) No years are selected.  If I use the same syntax, but put use 2020 it works.  So =’<= 2020’ works. 

I have tried different syntax. =Year(Today()) works fine, but I cannot get <= to work with the Year(Today()).

Is it possible to do this isn a trigger ?  Do I have something wrong ?

Thanks again,

Brian