Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select possible value within a chart (not model )

Hi all ,

Sorry for my bad english ..

I have a chart with a dimension that use for suppress the row base on user selection.

For example , in the model it will have 4 possible value , but inside the chart it will only show 3 because some of the row is suppressed.

Now I would like to add a button . After the user click on the button , it will only select all possible value of one of the dimnsion within the chart (not the model possible).

Is that possible to do that ?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Please look for a macro to toggle "show all values" in dimension properties. You can see macros in APIGuide in your installation directory.

Regards,

Kiran Rokkam.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Currently you are displaying a chart based on selection, if user selects 3 values then you will display only 3 values.  If user clicks button then you have to show all the values.  If this is your requirement then

-> Create a button and change a variable value

-> Based on variable value change your expression

For example:

If(vShowAll = 1, Sum({<FieldName=>} FieldName2), Sum(FieldName2))

In the above expression FieldName=, ignores selection of the field FieldName.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Not really ,

I am working on a report to compare between 2 systems

I have attached a example for reference

There is a match / not match filter on the summary level which may suppress some value on chart level .

However ,i can't apply the same filtering on detail level . (Summary and detail should be tie to each other)

so my workaround is to add a button to select all the possible key which display on the chart.