LucaStievano
Contributor
Contributor

Selection Trigger in QlikView

Hi everyone,

I have 2 tables in qlikview: 

• products
  • components

products contains every product in the wharehouse, components is a linking table to show every products needed to manifacture a particular product.

i need, whenever i select a specific product to add to the same table(products) his components to the selection

is that even possible?

Thanks

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Samuelthomas
Contributor
Contributor

@LucaStievano wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have 2 tables in qlikview: 

• products
  • components

products contains every product in the wharehouse, components is a linking table to show every products needed to manifacture a particular product.  Hyundai USA Customer Service

i need, whenever i select a specific product to add to the same table(products) his components to the selection

is that even possible?

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to achieve the desired behavior using a selection trigger in QlikView. You can use the OnSelect trigger on the product field in the products table to create a selection action. When a specific product is selected, the trigger can be programmed to add its components to the selection by using a select statement on the components field in the components table. This way, whenever a product is chosen, its associated components will be automatically selected as well, enriching the data in the products table. 

marcus_sommer

If the products and the components are properly linked no selections of the components is needed because the selected products makes the associated components possible which would make them visible and calculable within the views.